We had lots of stimulating discussion and got creative around the topics of nature, animals, seasons of our lives, music and walking around the world!
During Robin D's Singalong and Songwriting class, we discussed resilience in nature and animals.
Robin showed us around her family’s cottage on Kahshe Lake where we saw resilient nature in many forms:
Daises at the water’s edge
Baby snapping turtles
A mother loon with her babies on her back
Can you spot the beaver, ducklings and mourning dove fledglings below?
SPRING (our 20s)
- when everything (including us) starts to grow
- invincible and brave
- a student
- owned the world, checking it out, a part of everything that was going on.
- superman, nobody could touch me
- taking charge of my life
- getting to know myself
SUMMER (our 30s-40s)
- had a job, went on lots of dates, traveled the world, got married and had 2 kids
- took charge
- had the beginning of a family
- open opportunities
AUTUMN (our 50s-60s)
- starting to turn grey - wiser
- everybody goes crazy and goes in their own direction
- a good life
- it was a lot of work, all the leaves and bundling the kids up.
WINTER (70s-80s) - stay curious
- “don’t bring snow inside”
- life is slow - that’s the same as peaceful
We art-directed Jenn in creating a beautiful light grey, white & purple painting with birds in the sky while Robin D sketched a lighthouse with a loon and purple clouds.